Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 83 - Toys for CASA

Every year thousands of Texas children are removed from their homes because of severe abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. CASA of Collin County's mission is to train community volunteers to advocate the best interests of these children while they are in foster care and sadly child abuse cases continue to rise at a staggering rate. 

Being a parent and also spending my current career caring for children my heart hurts for children that have fallen victim to abuse or are living in situations that are anything but loving, caring and encouraging. 

I appreciate all the CASA advocates do to be heros to those children and anything I can do to help those kids and take any small burden off the staff and advocates I would do willingly. 

So for today's random act of kindness the girls and I purchased some toys for our local CASA office.  Hope some children can really get some joy from these toys.  

Day 83 -  Toys for CASA
 


No comments:

Post a Comment