Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 78 - Sewing Kits for Africa

While browsing at Dollar Tree a few days ago I found the cutest little sewing kits!!  I knew I could find a wonderful use for these so I bought the last 10 they had.  After emailing a few local contacts I then expanded to a national search and found a women in Virginia that puts together sewing kits and sends them to missions in Africa.

Judith, from Attic Treasures and Sew Easy Sewing, was moved to help women and children in Kenya so she and her husband traveled on a mission trip one summer to deliver sewing and first aid kits.  After returning she made it her mission to continue collecting supplies and putting together kits to further help the women of Africa.

She allows folks to donate supplies for the kits and will even give them store credit equal to the amount they spent on the supplies.  People can also purchase or put together their own sewing kits and ship them to her, which is what I will be doing for today's random act of kindness.  I hope these kits touch the lives of a small group of women.  Allowing them to make things they may need, fix their children's clothes or maybe even generate an income for items they are able to create.  I think it's wonderful what you are doing Judith!!  Keep it up!

Day 78 - Sewing kits for Africa


No comments:

Post a Comment