Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 63 - Passed Out Notes to Encourage at the Park

The weather today was gorgeous!!  Sunny, low 80's so I knew we had to take advantage!  Kailey suggested we head out after the daycare children were gone to write encouraging notes on the sidewalk like we did a while back.  I thought it was a great idea but thought we could go one step further.

I asked the girls if they wanted to write notes on the sidewalk but maybe also make little notes of encouragement (with candy) to pass out to random people.  They thought it was a great idea so we then decided to enlist the help of the Little Acorns to pass out these little baggies of sweetness and cheer.  The girls and Acorns made all the notes with only a little assistance from me on spelling and then I attached them to the baggies of chocolate.

After nap we all headed out to the park.  We passed the baggies out on our walk there and then to people we saw at the park.  The kids had so much fun doing it and people really loved it!

This past weekend I saw two wonderful and inspiring movies on Netflix.  The Letter Writer and a documentary called Happy.  I highly recommend both.  There were some wonderful quotes and messages on giving and caring for others but here were two of my favorites.

"If you want good and helping people around you, be good and helping."   - Stanley, Letter Writer

"I see my life as a loan from God.  I want to pay him back in full...plus interest." - Happy

I think modeling these attitudes, especially for children, is so important.  The more we all step out of our comfort zone to model an attitude of compassion and giving the more we are going to attract people with similar attitudes.  At the same time you'll be able to influence all those around you in a positive way and leave the world a better place then when you got here.  I truly believe the harder we search to live out our purpose in life full-force the more fulfilling our lives will become.   

We are all divinely designed and perfectly made for the work of mankind and to do that with all your heart and soul...I can't think of anything more rewarding.


Day 63 - Candy and encouragement for the neighborhood







No comments:

Post a Comment