Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 119 - Pledged to Never Text and Drive

I have been known to check my phone or text at the stop light while driving.  Such a bad idea and today I took a pledge to no longer text and drive.  No text message, email, website or video is worth the risk of endangering my life, my kids' lives or the lives of others on the road. 

AT&T has a texting while driving campaign called It Can Wait that urges everyone to take the pledge not to text and drive.  To bring awareness they have an online texting and driving simulator, No Text On Board stencils for notebooks, skateboards, bikes, and laptops, bumper stickers for your car and so many more educational resources.  I urge you to check out there site and take the pledge!

Here are just a few texting while driving facts:

**  Texting drivers are 23 times more likely to be in an accident

**  75% of teenagers say texting while driving is "common" among their friends

**  100,000 + crashes a year involve a driver who is texting

Tell the world!  No text is worth the risk!

Day 119 - Pledged to not text and drive






No comments:

Post a Comment