Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 100 - Fought Cancer

Day 100 was a pretty big milestone of this journey that I had been thinking about for a couple of weeks now.  Trying to think of something memorable to do.  Then things started to turn with our dear friend Ileana, Kailey's 6 year old classmate.  Suddenly my 100th random act of kindness seemed not so important.  Her trial medication to fight the cancer was not effective and she returned home a couple of weeks ago from St. Jude with every possible option exhausted.  After almost a year long fight Ileana lost her battle last night with cancer.  It's all I've been able to think about today and anything I can do to take my mind off the sadness is where I have focused my time and energy.

So for today's random act of kindness, dragging my broken heart, I worked to help pull together some loose ends for a few Relay for Life fundraisers to raise awareness and fight cancer in loving memory of sweet Ileana.  Our local event is in 2 weeks and we will do all we can in the next 2 weeks to make this the most successful fundraiser it can be.

Each year, more than 4 million people in over 20 countries take part in this global phenomenon and raise much-needed funds and awareness to save lives from cancer.

I know I will make a difference in the fight to end cancer and I know that by raising funds and walking in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life event, I will help save lives from cancer.

It's amazingly heartbreaking to think that millions of people will be diagnosed with cancer this year.  One more life lost is one too many.  We have to fight to find a cure.

A Relay For Life event is not only a way to join my community to fight back against cancer, but it is also a way to inspire hope by raising funds and awareness to help those facing the disease.

Please Join the Fight in honor of sweet Ileana Shuman!!

Join the Fight

Day 100 - Fought Cancer



No comments:

Post a Comment