Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 107 - Went Door-to-Door for Relay

Today's random act was to accomplish two goals.  First and foremost to raise money for relay but secondly to get outside my comfort zone and meet some of my neighbors.  Without getting into too much detail I am currently fasting from Facebook for 7 days (hint, hint another 7 Experiment fast).  The idea is to work more on my "real life" relationships and less on my "virtual" ones.

I also feel like the art of little kids going door-to-door is almost a lost one.  It could be for a number of reasons but today we brought it back.  I came way out of my comfort zone and the girls and I headed out after work and went through the neighborhood asking for donations to our Relay for Life team in memory of our sweet friend Ileana.  For each donation we gave them a purple Hope/Faith/Love cancer awareness bracelet and little card about our cause and Ileana.

The girls did so great and I tried to keep from tearing up when I would share Ileana's story but I think it was therapeutic and a great way for the girls to tell neighbors about their wonderful friend.  We talked to a few neighbors who shared their own stories of cancer and how it had affected their family.  It solidified our mission and goal to raise as much as we can for the American Cancer Society in loving memory of Ily.  Go Team Imagine Dragons!

Day 107 - Door-to-door for Relay


No comments:

Post a Comment