Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 111 - Called the Police to Check on Someone

So I went to grab a few things at my favorite store today for our fundraising event and when I pulled in I realized the car next to me has someone that appeared to be asleep in the front seat.  He wasn't moving and it just seemed an odd time (11am) for someone to still be sleeping off his fun from the night before.

When I went in the store I mentioned it to the employee and asked if maybe he could go check on the man.  He said anything outside the store is nothing they typically handle.  So after I left the store I checked on him again and he hadn't moved at all.  I didn't want to knock on the window just in case so when I got home I called 911 and told them about him.

They said they would send an officer to check on him and thanked me for letting them know.  I'm sure that officer just ended up waking him from his peaceful slumber but better safe than sorry.  I'd feel horrible if something had really been wrong with him and I did nothing.

So if you're the gentleman that was simply sleeping in your car in front of Dollar Tree today and were abruptly woken by the police knocking on your window...I'm so sorry :(.  So, so sorry!

Day 111 - Called the police to check on someone in the parking lot


No comments:

Post a Comment