Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 28 - Read a Book to the Girls/Donate a Book to Children

There is nothing I enjoy more than spending time with my girls. I love talking to them, I love playing with them, and I love reading to them. They have a wonderful collection of books they have either received as gifts or that have been purchased for the childcare.  Having access to these books is something that I want them to really appreciate.

 A sad statistic I have learned about is that 1 in 3 children in the United States does not have a single book in their home, and thus has more of a struggle with learning to read. A friend recently told me about a website that helps to add books to children's home libraries both here and abroad. The We Give Books (http://www.wegivebooks.org/) campaign allowed me to read a book to the girls online. After completing the book, you are then given the option to donate a book FOR FREE to a child either here in the United States or abroad.  Kailey and Ryan both read a book and then donated on behalf of a friend.  What a great way to get kids involved in giving as well!

If you have a child, niece/nephew, or if you want to just buzz through a book to donate, please go to that site so that more and more children worldwide will experience the joy of reading.

Day 28 - Read a book to the girls and donate a book to children



No comments:

Post a Comment