Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 25 - Formed a Relay for Life Team to Fight Cancer

Just over the last few months I have been unable to avoid cancer's growing presence in those around me and it's unrelenting destructiveness. I have decided to do anything I can to join in the fight.

As some may remember from earlier posts Kailey and Ryan have a sweet little classmate Ileana (age 6) in the late stages of brain cancer and I have a wonderful friend Theresa who continues to battle melanoma.  Both Theresa and Ileana inspire me and are the driving forces in this random act.  Almost everyone has been touched by cancer in some way, so I've decided to make a difference by walking and raising money for the American Cancer Society.  Anything I can do to help inspire hope and encourage folks to continue to fight, I will do. 

After seeing a friend post on Facebook about a local Relay For Life event I knew what I was being called to do.  I reached out to other kindergarten parents who also know Ileana and asked if they would be interested in forming a team.  Many jumped at the opportunity to make a difference.

We created a team and continue to recruit team members to join in the fight against cancer and to raise much-needed funds and awareness to save lives from cancer.

Here is our team site.  If you are local and would like to join our team that would be awesome.  If you are not local and would like to donate for someone fighting this battle or dedicate a luminaria for a lost one that would be amazing too!

The Imagine Dragons Relay for Life Team Page

My inspiration...

My awesome friend Theresa.  A true rock star!!


Kailey and Ryan's sweet classmate Ileana (an absolute warrior)!





Day 25 - Formed a Relay for Life Team

Continued prayers for Theresa, Ileana, their families and all those battling cancer.  You are not alone.  Stay strong and keep fighting!


No comments:

Post a Comment