Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 297 - Registered for a Race

Since today is my last act for breast cancer awareness month I wanted it to be something that encouraged prevention.  Along with smoking, alcohol, diet and weight, exercise is something that can be a huge prevention tool for many types of cancer including breast cancer.  Reports show that exercising just four or more hours a week may decrease hormone levels and help lower breast cancer risk.

So for today's random act of kindness I registered myself and my girls up for the North Texas Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day.  We will follow up our run with a healthier Thanksgiving meal.  Teaching healthy life style choices to the girls and practicing them myself will hopefully help prevent some diseases that we may otherwise be forced to battle.  An ounce of prevention!

Day 297 - Registered for a race





No comments:

Post a Comment