Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 296 - Shared an Instructional Video

Although breast cancer is mostly predominant among women, men are also afflicted with this disease.  1 in every 1000 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lives.  The symptoms of breast cancer in men is the exact same as women, but rarely do men think of breast cancer or associate their symptoms with it.  Because of this, when breast cancer is diagnosed in men, it is typically in its' later, much more vicious stages. 

To be completely honest, I never knew the incidence of breast cancer in men was so high, and I also didn't know that men are supposed to do monthly self breast exams.  I assume my husband is not the only guy out there who has never given themselves a self breast exam, let alone even thought to do one but today he will. 

So today, for my random act of kindness, I am sharing the instructional video below for the guys out there (and for those ladies that don't perform exams).  After I post this act, I am immediately sending it to my husband so he can perform one himself.

Day 296 - Shared an instructional video

.

No comments:

Post a Comment