Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 134 - Ran for Charity

So I saw another blogger post about the running app Charity Miles so went to check it out.  There are so many running apps out there but this one actually donates money to a charity of your choice and all you have to do is log those miles!

It's so easy!  Bikers earn 10¢ a mile and walkers and runners earn 25¢ a mile so after my 4 mile run today I had raised $1 without opening my wallet.  How easy is that?!?  In a couple of weeks I will start training for the Baltimore Marathon in October and I know those training runs and miles will very quickly add up for charity. 

So for today's random act I chose to run for Habitat for Humanity.  Habitat's mission believes that every man, woman and child should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live. They build and repair houses all over the world using volunteer labor and donations.  What an amazing organization to support and I'm getting a little exercise at the same time.  Can't beat that!

Day 134 - Ran for charity




No comments:

Post a Comment