Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 263 - Angel for Andrea

One of my friends, Kristie, who I've mentioned in earlier posts was born with a serious heart condition. She is currently on the transplant list to receive a new and wonderful heart.  She's had a rough time this past year or so but while she's fighting and waiting she never loses hope and her unwavering faith is amazing.

Today she posted about a friend of hers who suffered a stroke a couple of days ago.  Her friend is recovering but Kristie thought it would be awesome to flood Andrea with love, encouragement and well wishes from across the country.  Here is her facebook request...

As many of you saw yesterday, my friend Andrea Alto suffered a stroke two days ago while at work. Many of you know her as the woman behind the fundraiser Have A Little Heart, which many of you contributed to, that was started for me to pay for medical bills, medications, and the first $10,000 after transplant. She is weak and tired and has lost the use of her left side. Whether this is temporary or not is not known yet. But I need a favor from you all. Every time I was down and I received a card or flowers or a book or a dragonfly in the mail with an encouraging note it gave me the strength to fight and lean on your prayers and God. Andrea needs that now.

SO HERE IS WHAT I NEED: Let's swarm Andrea with love and support! I have Andrea's address and room number. It would be so uplifting to her to know how many people are praying for her and thinking about her. Please send a card, flowers, balloons, a funny picture, anything that you feel will give her strength and hope. She needs US now just as I need her and you all everyday, and I hope that many many mnay of us can lift her up! Here is the address:

St. Mary's Hospital
Duluth, MN 55805
C/O Andrea Alto
Room # 6254


So for today's random act of kindness I sent a Willow Tree Angel of Healing to Andrea in the hospital with a little note of encouragement.  I can't wait to hear how flooded she is with love an support during this difficult time.  For anyone reading this feel free to participate in this act as well and send Andrea a little love from around the country and around the world!

Day 263 - Angel for Andrea 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment