Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 209 - Bags for Genesis Women's Shelter

A couple of days ago I mentioned my huge sale find for school backpacks.  Well today when I visited a different Walgreens I found a few more backpacks as well as some cute little girl canvas bags. 

For today's random act of kindness I boxed up the backpacks and canvas bags and sent them off to the Genesis Women's Shelter in Dallas.  They are currently collecting new school supplies for the new school year as well as other items for the women and children they help.

Genesis provides shelter, safety, counseling, and expert services to battered women and their children.  They are committed to preventing violence by raising the level of community awareness regarding the pervasiveness and effects of domestic violence. 

Day 209 - Bags to Genesis
 



No comments:

Post a Comment